My Philosophy on Digital Learning...

 My Philosophy...

Digital Learning refers to the combination of technology and learning, as our technology advances our way of teaching develops with it. We should never be afraid of using technology in the classroom because it is a great way to enhance our classroom, but we should always remember that we need to incorporate technology into the lesson not the lesson to the technology.

What I like most of Digital Learning is that it increases engagement for all students, learning is today more rewarding and engaging than it was when utilizing just a pen and notebook, thanks to students and teachers working smoothly using a variety of tools. Digital learning allows for group learning or collaborative learning in which all students can interact and benefit from one another's ideas. The ability to even make friends and work successfully with other students promotes students' desire to achieve success in their academic work. Most students feel comfort and satisfaction in belonging to or working with a group of learners or students. Learning has become simpler and more adaptable with digital tools for learning. In order to make studying more accessible and to ensure that they get the most out of their education, students can now study at their own speed and even employ a variety of software applications that they are more more used to.

Unlocking the Potential of Digital Learning | Central YMCA

As a future math educator I believe I will do a great use of technology in my classroom. Just by starting with a calculator, even though I will always teach my students to do everything by hand, I believe that calculators are a great introduction into technology for mathematics, it helps the students to work at a faster and accurate paste when testing which would help on the state exams. The calculators can be used to develop concepts, it can also be used for drill and practice to enhance problem solving. I would also like to utilize online or software based calculators like Desmos and GeoGebra, this applications are wonderful when graphing or constructing in mathematics, besides having all the functions a regular calculator has. I will also plan on using smart boards, I find them so convenient for passing students to the front and working with the whole class in different lessons, they could also help me display something if we are doing an activity as a group. Another way to incorporate technology to my classroom will be by using Game-Based Learning, by using applications like Kahoot! in order to review for an exam, to give extra points to my students or simply for fun! I believe that students will feel more engaged by being challenged by their classmates because they get to interact with each other and everyone wants to score the first places. Some other basic technology I will be incorporating into my classroom will be computers/laptops, the Learning Management System my school uses, Youtube, etc.

Overall I believe that any teacher should use technology for their classroom, it is not necessary but it is a great way to make the class interesting and different for the students, I feel like students will enjoy and remember more a lesson that utilizes technology than one that does not. If you know how to properly incorporate technology into the classroom the students and also the teacher will enjoy more the class, we should never be afraid of incorporating technology into our class.

Online Math Course Set. Learning Mathematics in Internet, Stock Vector -  Illustration of engineering, equation: 179858400

Comments